This is my most recent invention modeled after Chinese and/or Thai cuisine, chilled noodles (in this case Ramen) with cucumbers, corn and peanut sauce. This is a great meal for summertime and warm weather days when you don’t feel like eating hot food, and it can be served as an appetizer or entrée.
- Noodles – can be Ramen, Udon or even better Somen from the Asian food section of the grocery store
- Cucumbers (Julienne)
- Cut corn, if desired
Peanut Sauce Ingredients
- Chunky peanut butter
- Boiled, shredded chicken or other meat
- Sesame oil in the sauce or rubbed on the noodles
- Sesame seeds to sprinkle on top of complete dish
- Cook and drain noodles.
- Chill the noodles by
- Rinsing in cold water, or
- Rubbing sesame oil on noodles and refrigerating.
- Mix the sauce
- Warm up the peanut butter (on stove or for 20 seconds in microwave.)
- Mix vinegar, sugar and a little water to preferred taste – should have a sweet & sour flavor.
- Chill if desired.
- Layer chilled noodles on bottom of plate.
- Layer cucumbers and corn over noodles.
- Pour peanut sauce over all.
- Optional: Sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
That’s it. Bon appetit!