This is a really yummy, inexpensive recipe, easy and quick to prepare requiring only one pot. It’s great for kids, but I eat it all the time.
- Uncooked spaghetti (or other preferred pasta such as macaroni)
- Condensed tomato soup (Campbell’s or similar store brand
- 1 hot dog
- About 1 teaspoon sugar
- Optional: chopped onion (very yummy)
- Slice hot dog into about 15 pieces
- Cook spaghetti noodles until almost done
- Pour out the water
- Add tomato soup (or pasta sauce) into the pot with the noodles
- (Add a little water to dilute the condensed tomato soup)
- Stir in sugar
- Toss hot dogs into the soup/sauce
- Simmer until noodles are done and sauce is thickened.
- When preparing for children, be sure to let cool sufficiently beforehand. Pasta is extremely hot right after cooking.
Pasta sauce can also be used in place of tomato soup.