This is one of my favorite and easiest recipes for taco salad. It may not exactly be authentic Mexican cuisine, but it is fast at less than 3 minutes to prepare, inexpensive at $1.00 – $1.25 per serving, and in my opinion, very yummy.
The ingredients are as follows:
- Tortilla chips
- Ranch Dressing
* I like to use the prepped salad mixes to save time as it doesn’t cost much more than buying fresh produce and saves preparation time.
Additional optional ingredients for a fancier (but less fast and frugal) version:
- Taco meat instead of chili (made with taco spice – i.e. McCormick’s)
- Sour Cream
- Shredded Cheese
- Put a layer of Tortilla Chips on the bottom of the plate
- Add Chili on top of the Chips
- Microwave for 1 minute to heat up Chili (You can also heat the chili on the stove but it would create another dish to wash.)
- Add Salad on top of Chili
- Drizzle Salsa and Ranch Dressing on top
- Any additional toppings as desired. I don’t like cheese and sour cream so I use Ranch Dressing, but you can use whatever you like.