[singlepic=36,200,200] This is a very simple and fairly healthy dish, very easy to make in large quantities or single portions. The ingredients are few and the recipe flexible; the basic sauce only requires soy sauce, water & sugar, but can also be enhanced with ginger and rice wine if desired. Our recipe only includes vegetables, but pieces grilled or simply cooked meat can also be added.
- Steamed Rice – white or brown (your choice)
- Steamed Vegetables — as many or few as desired — below are a few suggestions:
- Green Onions
- Teriyaki Sauce made with:
- Soy Sauce
- Sugar or honey
- Additional optional flavoring for the sauce:
- Ginger (we often use powder)
- Rice Wine
- Cook the rice
- Steam or microwave the vegetables
- To make the sauce:
- Heat the Soy Sauce in a saucepan on the stove with low heat
- Add a little water
- Add sugar to taste (as sweet as you like)
- Optional flavoring (ginger flavoring or rice wine) if desired
- Put steamed rice in a bowl
- A layer of vegetables on top
- (If using meat add it here.)
- Ladle the sauce over both. Using a spoon or small ladle and adding the sauce in small increments is recommended as soy sauce can be quite salty.
That’s it. Enjoy.