Welcome to the 16th Edition of the Finance Fiesta! If this is your first time here, please be sure to have a look around and consider subscribing to our RSS feed.
This week’s edition was particularly challenging for me to put together, because to tell the truth, of all the submissions received only 60% made the final cut. Decisions to include and exclude were based on many factors: readability, presentation, relevance, value of information and more. So, a job well done to those who made this week’s edition.
Today’s theme is the poem “Devote Your Life to Money!” by David Kessel. I hope you find it amusing as I did.
Devote Your Life to Money!
- Blueprint for Financial Prosperity presents How To Include A Baby In Your Financial Plans.
- Brunette on a Budget presents Don’t fall for rebate bait.
- Broke Grad Student presents 10 Stupid Ways College Students Waste Money.
- Master Your Card presents Mega Guide: How to Get Out (and stay out) of Credit Card Debt
Oh, money, the life-giving juice of society!
It brings us its blessings of every variety,
It softens the blows that lifetime delivers,
It favors the brave and it crowns achievers.
- No Debt Plan presents Sticking Our Toes into the CD Laddering Pool.
- The Smarter Wallet presents Ways To Save on Seasonal Purchases: Time To Shop For Halloween!
- Silicon Valley Blogger presents Upromise Survey: Saving For College, Getting Tougher?
It renders us free from oppression by jerks,
From mockings, and putdowns, and scoldings, and smirks.
It lets us buy tickets and travel away
From where we’re not welcome but are forced to just stay.
Debt and Credit
- Money Blue Book presents What Is My Credit Score and How Is My FICO Calculated?
- LAL presents After Debt?
- Ask Mr. Credit Card presents Will Creating A Repayment Plan With Your Credit Card Company Hurt Your Credit Score?
From creditors’ letters and big ugly urbs,
From all that don’t matter, from stuff that disturbs,
To wide sandy beaches and azure blue waters,
Away from the smoke of ten million motors.
- The Shark Investor presents The Alternatives Of 9 To 5.
- Your Finish Rich Plan presents What To Do If You Think You Can Lose Your Job.
With money it all starts to fall into place-
No longer respect is what you have to chase.
It follows you like an afternoon shadow
Thank money, it makes you a prince from a padow.
- Can I Get Rich on a Salary presents Man Bites Dog — Beats Airline in Dispute Over Canceled Flight!
- Personal Finance Analyst presents Expedia Coupons & Travel Deals.
With money, all people will treat you much better,
As you are no longer society’s debtor.
Sweet smiles on you they will now bestow,
Obsequious looks in their eyes then will glow.
- The Sun’s Financial Diary presents A Picture Is Worth a Thousand Words.
- The Iconoclast Investor presents Fannie, Freddie and America’s Debt.
- Mr. Tough Money Love presents Spenders Get the Gold Mine, Savers Got the Shaft.
And women forgetting your age and your weight,
Your looks and your height and your bald, shining pate,
Will wink and remark how handsome you are
For, in their minds, you are now a star.
- Sam presents Choosing a Stockbroker.
- Small Business Blog presents Real Estate Investing Startpoints: Negotiation, Legality, and Referrals.
- Green Technology Investor presents Hot Rock – Steady Progress Towards a New Source of Renewable Energy.
Oh, how pathetic society is!
A “Miss” is now where there used to be “Ms.”
For quickly they learned that you’ve got all this dough,
And then they appear from above and below.
- Budgets are Sexy presents Is it bad that i haven’t donated any money in like 5 months?
- The Part-Time Life presents Financial Fitness Group.
- Geezeo presents Money Matters Key to Wedded Bliss? 5 Tips for Happily Ever After.
As long as you’re here on our green Earth,
And want to be living in freedom and mirth,
Devote your existence to dollar and pound
For cash makes the world go smoothly around.