Well, the hot weather I’ve been complaining about suddenly took leave a couple of days ago. We skipped the t-shirt stage entirely and have gone straight from tank top to sweatshirt in just 2 days. This is certainly a welcome relief, but I hope it doesn’t signify an especially cold winter. And we’d better start thinking about getting our heater repaired. 🙁
The Halloween costuming season has begun and we are starting to get really busy with custom orders for dog and horse costumes and expect to be even more so until the end of this month. This is good because it’ll make paying for our heater repair a little less painful, but could mean falling a little behind on posting here. While I hope this will not be the case, don’t get anxious if we disappear for a few days. We’ve got numerous post ideas that are just waiting to be written.
- Master Your Card shares insider tips on how to receive competitive CD and Savings rates from your bank in Your Bank’s Superpowers.
- No Debt Plan is doing a series on his home buying process from last year. Ignoring the Issues: The Second House We Looked At talks about the importance of not rushing and keeping a cool head when looking at a house.
- Living Almost Large talks about appreciating what we have. I just have to say that I think KFC is good food. They have the best potato wedges and cole slaw … and mashed potatoes and gravy … and the fried chicken is pretty good. And it’s not that cheap either.
- Wide Open Wallet talks about why she likes small banks. I have to agree. We get much better service from our local credit union than we did with Bank of America.
- Girls Just Wanna Have Funds talks about female professionals losing their identities after having a baby.
We participated in 3 blog carnivals this week and would like to thank each of the following hosts for including our posts.
- Carnival of Personal Finance #172 – Meltdown Edition
Hosted by Debt Kid and included our 101 Ways to Save Money in Your Everyday Life.
- Festival of Frugality #145-The Gratitude Edition
Hosted by Value For Your Life and included my post The Benefits of Deprivation: 10 Days Without Air Conditioning and Counting! Plus Tips for Staying Cool.
- Money Hacks Carnival #32 – Have You Ever Edition
Hosted by the Financial Blogger and included Learning From Our Mistakes: Our First (Auto) Loan.
Some good posts from these carnivals:
- 20 Ways to Increase Your Net Worth
- The Twelve Biggest Personal Finance Mistakes People Make Over and Over Again
- Using Coupons Can Cost You Money!