I have some news today. Since the demise of the PF Bloggers group to which I use to belong, I had been thinking about starting a new group, which I did a couple of weeks ago. It’s called Pecuniary Associates, and consists of 6 blogs:
- Living Well On Less
- Financial Nut
- Counting My Pennies
- Greener Pastures
- The Passive Dad
(I have decided to cap recruitment for now in order for us to start getting to know one another and see how we work together, and therefore am no longer looking for additional members at this time.)
A few things we will be doing which you will see here at Pecuniarities:
- Recommending posts from each others’ blogs that we think will be interesting or useful to our readers
- Participating in group and community writing projects in which we will each share our viewpoints and experiences on certain topics
- Community writing projects in which we will invite all personal finance bloggers to participate
So keep an eye out for our first group writing project!
Now on to this week’s roundup.
From Pecuniary Associates
- Counting My Pennies tells a tale of frustration in Friends and money don’t mix.
- Financial Nut reports his experience with fraudulent activity on his credit card this week. This is a good reminder that we can never be too careful and must remain vigilant in regularly checking our statements.
- Living Well On Less offers a suggestion I’d be more than eager to follow if I was ever faced with renting and moving again (but never will because I am determined to never move again unless I want to.) Moving on a budget? Consider staying where you are
- The Passive Dad offers 10 ways to deal with financial stress, something we can all use.
- Greener Pastures advises to just use a little less.
Elsewhere in the PF Blogosphere
- The Paycheck Chronicles offers some tips for Laundry on the Cheap.
- Free From Broke asks: Is Saving 8 to 12 Months Expenses Even Possible Or Practical? I say, definitely.
- Wise Bread advocates Borrowing, renting, substituting, and doing without
We’d like to thank the following hosts for including us in their recent blog carnivals:
- Green Panda Treehouse hosted Carnival of Personal Finance #196: Music Edition which included my post:
Financial Lent: A Frugal Fast to See What You Can Live Without
Personal finance, frugal and green living bloggers:
If you haven’t already done so, don’t forget to submit your best post and apply to host an edition of the Carnival of Pecuniary Delights and enter the giveaways for some really cute Piggy Bank Magnets which we just received in the mail and look even better in real life than onscreen!
That wraps it up for today, which incidentally is my birthday, so off to party I go! (Before your imagination runs away with you, by “party” I mean watching Sense and Sensibility (and/or another Jane Austen film) on DVD and consuming copious amounts of fish n’ chips.)