Welcome to the The Old Money Edition of the Money Hacks Carnival! If this is your first time here, please have a look around and consider subscribing to our RSS feed. Be sure to also check out Festival of Frugality No. 139: The Michael Phelps Edition which was hosted here yesterday for more recommended reading.
Madoline and I have a fondness for history and all things old, so the theme for today’s carnival is “Old Money.” While credit cards, online banking and checks are great modern commodities, they just don’t have the charm of good, old fashioned money – in other words, cash. We hope you enjoy this tour through United States Treasury history and the art to be found in currencies of the past.
1934 $100,000 USD Bill (Woodrow Wilson)
- PT presents 9 Tips For Going To One Income.
- Twenties Money Magazine presents My College Sold Me Out.
- Toni presents Happy with What We Don’t Have.
- The Investor presents How a boring broker will make you richer.
- Karen presents Spending money can save your money.
1918 $10,000 USD Bill (Salmon P. Chase)
Frugality & Saving Money
- FIRE Getters presents Top 5 Freebie Websites!
- Amy Hobbs presents How to turn three slices of turkey into brunch.
- Ryan Suenaga presents Can a GPS Pay for Itself?
- Wilfrid presents Air Leak Detection – Leak Testing – Leak Stopping.
- Grey presents Making the CFL Switch.
1918 $5,000 USD Bill (James Madison)
- Pamela Grundy presents Best Buy Coupons, Promotions and Savings.
- mbhunter presents If you love Amazon, you’ll really love Amazon Prime.
- Amy L. presents Getting a Good Deal on Your Car Insurance.
- Tom Tessin presents The Secrets to Cheap Airline Tickets.
- Aryn presents New Strategies for Using Double Coupons.
- APFB presents Four Items to Buy Used.
- Madison presents Free Money From the U.S. Mint.
1928 $1,000 USD Bill (Grover Cleveland)
- Ariel Ozick presents 3 Dumb Ways to Waste Your Money.
- Todd presents Budgeting Games (Finance Games #6).
- Curt presents Avoiding the Most Common Financial Mistakes.
- GBlogger presents My Personal Finance One Step, Two Step.
- Nickel presents A Peek Inside Our FNBO Direct Online Savings Account.
1928 $500 USD Bill (William McKinley)
Debt & Credit
- Silicon Valley Blogger presents Best Cash Back Credit Cards: Your Rewards For Spending.
- Mr Credit Card presents What to Do When Your Credit Card Debt Has Been Charged Off?
- Andy presents Too expensive to file for bankruptcy.
- CreditAddict presents No Fee 0% Balance Transfer Credit Card Offers.
- DMH presents 0% Balance Transfer Credit Card Offers.
1880 $100 USD Bill (Abraham Lincoln)
- Tejvan presents Why Boom and Busts are common in Housing Markets.
- Livingalmostlarge presents Perfection Guaranteed.
- RC presents Do Government Bailouts and Payouts Mean Higher Taxes in the Future?
1891 $50 USD Bill (Edward Everett)
- Heather Johnson presents Guest Post: When Should You Quit Your Job?
- VH presents A$king and re¢eiving.
- Dorian Wales presents No Salvation from Productivity Improvements: The Failed 35 Hour Work Week Experiment and Work-Life Balance Examined.
- Kevin Surbaugh presents Making 401(k)’s Part of Your Job Hunt.
1905 $20 USD Bill (George Washington)
- Dividends4Life presents The MMA Rate Mystery Solved.
- Writers Coin presents Adding to the Mock Portfolio.
- Kevin presents Rebalanced My Roth 401k.
- Dividend Growth Investor presents Year-to-Date changes in Dividend Aristocrats’ annual payments to shareholders.
- The Financial Blogger presents Shifting Your Investments According To Your Tax Rate.
- RothIRA presents Roth IRA for Teenagers.
- Sandy Naidu presents Behavioral Finance – Investor Psychology – Behavioral Finance Stock Market Investment.
- FMF presents Using Your Health Savings Account as a “Super Roth” Investment Vehicle.
- Zach Scheidt presents MasterCard Incorporated (MA) – Growth Slowing.
1901 $10 USD Bill (Meriwether Lewis & William Clark)
- Clare Kierans presents Money is What You Trade Your Life Energy For.
- Jim presents 547 Ways to be Fuel Smart by Roger Albright.
1886 $5 USD Bill (Ulysses S. Grant)
- Steward presents A Frugal Shopping Tip That Leaves Everyone Smiling.
- J. Money presents 3 Things you should always keep in your wallet/purse/clip.
- Raymond presents How To Generate Valid Credit Card Numbers.
- Jamie presents Custom Wallet Giveaway from TheTrendySpot.com.
- Mr. Banker presents ABA Routing Codes to Link Online Accounts Together.
1862 First official $1 Bill of the United States (Salmon P. Chase)
This concludes the 26th Edition of the Money Hacks Carnival. Submit your blog article to the next edition of Money Hacks Carnival using our carnival submission form. Past posts and future hosts can be found on our blog carnival index page.