I’ve been working away this past week at creating a new blog carnival for the personal finance and frugality blog community. It’s called the Carnival of Pecuniary Delights and its purpose is to showcase quality blog posts from around the personal finance blogosphere.
What the Carnival is For
The Carnival of Pecuniary Delights is for anyone looking for a variety of quality blog articles on the subject of personal finance and frugal living. Because blog carnivals feature content from bloggers around the web, readers can quickly find information, viewpoints and tips from a varied pool of sources.
- Personal Finance (general)
- Money Management (tips on saving, spending, budgeting, etc.)
- Frugal Living (anything related to frugal living)
- Frugal Home (frugal home and garden)
- Frugal Kitchen (frugal dining, cooking, recipes)
- Frugal Family (frugal parenting, family activities, etc.)
- Green Living (tips that save money and the environment)
- Personal Financial Journey (anecdotes)
- Debt & Credit (advice and tips – not credit card reviews)
- Investing (strategies and advice but not “hot stock picks”)
- Economy (observations and commentary)
- Other (relevant topics)
Unlike some of the blog carnivals out there, there is no post age restriction, and the focus is content of lasting value, so no credit card offers, deals, promotions and content that has an expiration date.
You can submit posts that you wrote 1 or 2 years ago that is still relevant to today. One of the reasons to do this is to help revive traffic and discussion to good posts that may have been buried among the hundreds of posts in your archives or those written in your early days when your blog had fewer readers so didn’t get the attention they deserved, because some of your best work might come from the early days when you were fresh with ideas.
However, because some of the submitted content may have been seen before, hosts are asked to be very selective in only including content they personally feel are of lasting value, rather than including everything that isn’t SPAM.
Please visit About the Carnival of Peucuniary Delights: For Bloggers for more information.
Hosting and Submissions
This carnival will occur every Thursday with the first edition on April 2, 2009 here at Pecuniarities, and we are open for submissions as well as looking for volunteers to host. Both participating in and hosting a carnival are great ways to increase traffic and exposure to your site.
Please visit the following pages for info on:
And please help spread the word about this new carnival. We have created some Carnival Buttons and Banners that you can use on your site.
I look forward to your submissions!