Pecuniarities is 1 year old this month! The actual date of the anniversary is a little ambiguous, as this was my first blog ever and it took me a little time to get it up and running. After writing several posts, I dated the first post February 13, 2008, but it wasn’t till after the 20th before I had the courage to start publicizing it by adding the link in my Wisebread forum signature and telling people about it.
For those of you who were around you might remember our name being Our Fourpence Worth. We have come a long ways in many ways and have had a great time sharing our thoughts and ideas with you. We’d like to thank you, our readers, both old and new, for being with us, especially those who have been with us since the very beginning. We’ve gone through a name change, domain move, hosting move, site re-designs (2 of them), some of which went smoothly and some not so smoothly as I am still an amateur at web design.
I’ve learned a lot this past year – about blogging and about frugal living. We participated in many blog carnivals and have hosted 5 blog carnivals here.
The Best of Pecuniarities/Our Fourpence Worth
Here are some of our articles that received some good attention (mentioned by MSN Smart Spending, blog carnival Editor’s Pick, lots of link love, StumbleUpon and search engine traffic) over the past year:
- 101 Ways to Save Money in Your Everyday Life
- Monopoly Game Expansion #1: Personal Savings Account
- The Frugal Literate’s Guide to Affordable Reading
- Beautiful Homemade Christmas Ornaments From Eggshells
- Using Nature’s Gift Wrap: The Eggshell
- Simple Solutions to Staying Out of Debt
- Resisting the Urge to Splurge
- Closing Your Credit Cards Can Hurt Your FICO Score
- Economical Pet and Child Safe Ways to Repel and Kill Ants, Spiders and Other Insects
- Frugal but Thoughtful Mother’s Day Gift Suggestions
- Fast & Frugal Recipe: Yakisoba (Japanese Chow Mein)
- Free and Frugal Things to Do in Los Angeles
- Our Family Financial History
A Year Ago
At this time, allow me to point out a few of our very earliest articles that, due to the newness of the blog, didn’t get much attention. If you’ve got some time on your hands, have a read-through and feel free comment.
- Honestly Frugal: the Ethics of Saving Money
- Language Lesson ~ Frugality is a Virtue
- Language Lesson ~ Finance: A Fine Word
- The No-Budget System
- Save by Knowing Your Shipping & Mailing Options
- Credits Cards Really Aren’t So Bad
- Frugality 101
- The Life Stages of a Dish Sponge
- Cabinet Secrets: Uses for Useless Things
- Thinking inside the box: Some Uses for Cardboard Cartons
- Patchwork Berets from Fabric Scraps
- Save Money by Sewing Your Own Clothes
Thanks again to all of you for sticking with us. We look forward to an even better year ahead of us.