Thank you for visiting Our Fourpence Worth. In order to ensure that all users (including ourselves) are able to enjoy this site, we have outlined a few policies in regards to use of this website. Your use of this site indicates your agreement to these terms. If you have any questions in regards to these terms or anything else related to this website, please feel free to contact us.
We are not professionals in the fields to which our content relates. All information and suggestions contained in this site reflect our opinions based on personal experiences and research done for personal purposes, and are provided here for your information only with no guarantees. We suggest consulting a professional and/or other sources of information before making any important financial decisions.
Links to 3rd Party Sites
Due to the high number of spam comments, comments are moderated before being published. We reserve the right to disapprove any comments that we feel are inappropriate. These include comments that we feel are irrelevant to the topic or disrespectful to us and/or other users of this site. We reserve the right to edit any comment submissions (for typographical, spelling, format, etc.) if we feel it necessary, and also website links to commercial sites.
Spam of any kind is not tolerated. We utilize a filter which catches spam comments of all sorts including trackback spam, so please do not waste your time or ours as your comments will be automatically filtered and bulk-deleted.
Due to the spam filter and high number of spam comments, legitimate comments are sometimes inadvertently marked and deleted as spam. If you have left a legitimate comment that has not be approved within a couple of days, it is possible that this has happened to your comment. Please try leaving your comment again and contact us to let us know.
When filling out the comment form:
- Please use your name or nickname and not your website name or a promotional tagline. This may result in your entire comment being deleted or the name being changed to “Anonymous.”
- Please use a valid e-mail address.
- We reserve the right to remove links to commercial sites
Comments and Subscriptions
Your email address (required for submitting comments, link exchanges or contact forms) will not be shared with anyone, and will only be used to contact you if necessary regarding your submissions. If you subscribe to our email feed (managed by FeedBurner), you have the choice to opt-out at any time.
Cookies are used to retain your comment information. If you do not with to have your visits logged by cookies, you may disable or block them in your browser preferences.
Intellectual Property and Copyright
First of all, a note about copyright and why we have a copyright policy:
Each article or original image represents up to several hours’ worth of effort before being presented here for your enjoyment or benefit. We therefore ask that you respect our efforts and comply with our policies.
If you wish to share our content with others, please link to our articles instead of copying the content. We do allow trackbacks to our posts (so long as they are relevant and legitimate) which will include a link back to your site in the comments section at the end of each post.
No part of the any of the written content of this site is to be copied, distributed, reproduced, printed or published elsewhere, online or offline, without our written consent save for the following exception:
You may quote up to 4 sentences of a given article so long as you acknowledge the source with a link back to the cited content. We would appreciate it if you would the following in your citation: Article title (link – Trackback O.K.), author name and website title (link): Our Fourpence Worth.
All original graphics are the property of Our Fourpence Worth and may not be copied, distributed or displayed elsewhere. The majority of our graphics were created by Madoline Hatter (sometimes tagged as “by E.S.M.” in the image properties) and the rest by Penelope Pince (sometimes tagged as “by Aubrey”). Those not labeled with a creator’s name are still original graphics by one of us.
Most of our original graphics are available for purchase on merchandise from Our Fourpence Worth/Pecuniarities Store. Readers who have enjoyed or benefited from our content can help support the continued running of this site by purchasing these products for themselves or as gifts. To read more about our store, please refer to this post: Announcement: Our Fourpence Worth Store.
Logos, Trademarks and Branding
Public Domain Illustrations
All illustrations other than graphics created by us have been released to the public domain due to expired copyright and are labeled with the description and creator’s name in the image alt tag. Many are obtained from Wikipedia and other public domain sources such as Project Gutenberg. To view the image alt tag (alternate text), mouseover the image if using Internet Explorer, or right-click and select Properties to view the alternate text.
If you wish to use any of these images, please search for them on the Internet using the keywords from our alt tag (author name and/or description) and observe any copyright and usage policies before using them.
Public Domain Photographs
All photographs (with the exception of those tagged “Photo by Petr Kratochvil”) are the property of Our Fourpence Worth. Photos tagged “Photo by Petr Kratochvil” in the alternate text of the image properties have been released into the public domain by Mr. Kratochvil and can be obtained from http://publicdomainpictures.net which contains an impressive collection of high-caliber photographs that he has generously released to the public.
Hotlinking (linking to an image from our domain) on your own or any other site is prohibited. If you wish to use any of the public domain images displayed on our site, please search them out on the Internet using the description from our alternate text, and once you have verified that your intended use for that image is permissible, upload it to and link to it from your own server or image sharing account.
* * *
Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on the Pecuniarities web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on the Pecuniarities web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Pecuniarities at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
The materials on the Pecuniarities web site are provided “as is”. Pecuniarities makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Pecuniarities does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Pecuniarities or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on the Pecuniarities Internet site, even if Pecuniarities or a Pecuniarities authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on the Pecuniarities web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Pecuniarities does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Pecuniarities may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Pecuniarities does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Pecuniarities has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Pecuniarities of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to the Pecuniarities web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
* * *
Thank you again for visiting Pecuniarities. We hope you enjoy your visit and come back again soon. And please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.